WebApp gets stuck in between

I wanted to bring to your attention a critical issue that I have encountered while usingplatform. It pertains to the Web UI, specifically its tendency to freeze during live trading sessions.

This issue is causing significant concern and poses a substantial risk to traders like myself who rely on real-time data and responsiveness of the platform during active trading periods.
I kindly request your immediate attention to this matter. The stability and reliability of your platform are paramount to traders, and any interruption during live trading can result in substantial financial losses.

If you require any additional information or details regarding the circumstances surrounding this bug, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I am more than willing to assist in any way possible to help resolve this issue swiftly.

Hello Sushluniya,

We are conducting a thorough investigation into this issue and assure you that we will provide the utmost assistance possible. Please kindly check if any network issues persist with your service carrier.

Thank you for your understanding.