OI updates frequencies mismatch

Hi there,

I’ve been using the web-socket APIs for the last couple of days and am trying to understand the nature of the feed and its possibilities. I’d happened to see the OI updates on subscription feeds come once every 3–5 minutes for any given subscription.

Is this expected behavior? At times, the OI updates are stopped for a maximum of 9 minutes.

Is there any way to fix this mismatch frequency? Will it be possible to get an update per minute?

Hi nagu,

For OI updates we receive feed updates from the exchange every three minutes. In case there are any changes detected within this interval, we promptly update the subscription feed.
However, due to various factors, including market dynamics and the volume of data being processed, there might be instances where updates are temporarily paused, leading to the observed delay.

Thanks for the response! Indeed, the interval oi/volume was available over the time-series API (1m/5m) during those missing windows. Is it possible to replay those values per scrip over websocket? That may solve this intermittently. Instead of us hitting your API unwantedly per X seconds. Let me know if this is feasible to add in place.

@Firstock Will it be possible to get this replayed over WebSockets?

@Firstock If time permits, could you please check and revert to this request? I’ve been waiting on this.

Hello Nagu,

We’re working on a feature for option chains and Greeks, complete with real-time open interest updates. This enhancement is set to be included in the upcoming update. Your feedback is highly valuable as we put the finishing touches on this feature. We’ll keep you updated, and we appreciate your ongoing support.

Thank you.

@Firstock Thanks for the response. When will it be available for general use? Is there any beta option available to try it out from our end?

Hi Nagu,

We will notify you. Thanks for the patience.

@Firstock any further update on this request? I’ve been waiting for the release. :slight_smile:

@Firstock got updates on this? It’s been two months.

@Firstock any update on this? It’s been four months. Is there any release that happened?

Hi @nagu ,

I trust this message finds you well. We are delighted to inform you that our systems have undergone a successful upgrade to Version 4.0. This update brings about comprehensive changes and improvements to all functionalities, enhancing the overall user experience.

We are pleased to confirm that the specific requirements you requested have been carefully addressed and will be applied within the upgraded system. To access and explore these enhancements, please find the details provided [ https://wikiconnect.thefirstock.com/ ].

If you have any questions, feedback, or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. We appreciate your continued partnership and look forward to the positive impact of these improvements on your experience with our system.